Oct 15, 2006

Time for an update!!!

Hey all,

I know I'm overdue for an update, so please don't be upset if you've been waiting for the next installment of "Dan & Jenn's Life in Winnipeg."

Ok so where should I start.... Well one exciting development is that I'm sitting at the computer in the office in the basement! We are almost moved in; and I already have my office set up down here. Tomorrow night we are getting the carpets shampooed to get rid of all the construction dust, and then we can moooooove on down. Jenn and I are both really excited; as nice as Michael and Esther are, personal space is still highly valued to us.

What else is new- oh yes- last weekend we were in BC for David & Caralee's wedding; just a quick fly-in and fly-out weekend. We were able to spend some time with both our families outside of the wedding which was so nice. Being away really makes you realize how much you miss the people closest to you. Jenn and I are both really excited for Christmas; it'll be 3 straight weeks of hanging out with our families!!!

While we were in BC we also got a chance to hang out with Brian and Jalene (our former landlords) for a little bit, and we were privileged to see (and hold) their newborn son: Ethan Thomas Keith Davies- what an awesome thing to see! (I really, really enjoyed holding him; which made Jenn a little nervous :)

Other than that quick little jaunt, not too much else is new except that Jenn's schooling is still sailing along and she's starting off on her second studio project. I will post her first project hopefully tonight. Please keep pryaing for Jenn in her schooling- it is a lot of work for her, and sometimes she feels quite frustrated with not knowing how to meet the expectations of the instructors.

Oh. AND IT SNOWED ON OCTOBER 11TH! WHAT THE HECK! I WAS TOLD WINNIPEG WAS A WARM AND LUSCIOUS TROPICAL CLIMATE WITH WHITE BEACHES AND WARM BLUE WATER! Ok so I wasn't told that, and I was expecting snow sometime this month, but not October 11th... The snow is all gone now, but it was here, and it's supposed to be here again this week. Hmmm, maybe I'll pull out the cross country skis..... :)

As far as church goes, most Sundays we have been going to a place called Soul Sanctuary that's only a five minute walk from our house. We both feel pretty comfortable there, and it seems that there would be a lot of chances for us to get involved in the ministries there if we stay. So we'll keep going there for a few more weeks and then decide if we want to stay or search some more for a home. You can check out the church website for a flavour of what it's like. I think some of the services are even online there, along with some blogs from the pastors.....

http://www.soulsanctuary.ca/welcome.htm

Ok that's it for the writing for now. I'll put another post on shortly with updates from our working lives.

Ciao.

No comments: