Oct 15, 2006

Jenn's Work

Ok so Jenn has done a ton of stuff since I last posted her sketches so I won't post it all; you'll just have to come out and visit us here if you want to see the whole kit and kaboodle. Plus, haven't you heard that Winnipeg is a luscious tropical climate with white beaches and warm water?


Ok these are from Jenn's first project: their assignment was to redesign the landscaping for a restaurant in Winnipeg Beach which I gather is a tourist destination in the summer time.

So first Jenn had to come up with precedents- concepts or ideas of things that she had researched or experienced in the past which would influence her design for the restaurant landscape.

Next she had to come up with five options for a design, and then choose her favourite layout. Below are the first four options that she designed, complete with plans and perspective views.


Here is the final layout that she chose to present to the restaurant owner as well as her instructor and classmates.

Some flowers that Jenn drew which she used in the design for the fragrance garden at the restaurant.



So that's it for Jenn's work for now, obviously there's much more coming.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good Jenn! Thanks for posting here Dan. Although you've moved into roughly our neck of the woods it looks like it could be tricky seeing you two with Jenn's busy schedule. Glad to be updated! And yes, the snow was pretty early! Last year we didn't get any till November. ACK!

Anonymous said...

Hey family!
So you're moving in tomorrow.....I'm so glad for you, its been a while hasn't it? I hope the move is 'effortless' and enjoyable???? Maybe? Crank the music, have some laughs, screw homework! You who have the phone plan, give us a ring when your settled. Love your drawings Jenn, sweet project, I had no idea it was going to look like that. Awesome. love ya both tons.

Melissa Wiebe said...

Ha! And I thought Winnipeg was cold and didn't have white beaches and nice weather.

Glad to see that you have somewhere to call not only home, but also somewhere you call a church home.

Great job on the drawings, Jenn! Hope to see you guys this coming Christmas when you guys are in town. Will keep you guys updated on my side of things as well. :)

Stacey said...

Wow Jenn! Those drawings are great! I am very impressed! Glad to hear that you will be getting your own space very soon! I am sure it is needed!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, you must be living in a different Winnipeg than I remember ... luscious tropical climate...white beaches...warm water...sounds like MEXICO to me, not WINTERPEG! :) Glad you're starting to settle in though. Jenn, just to make it official, I love the drawing of the hyacinth. Makes me wish I had some growing on my balcony or in my house. I guess maybe in spring.