So.... guess what!
Jenn is not doing homework. In fact she hasn't done any for the past 4 days! Yup she's done her courses for now! So she has been sleeping in, watching movies, cleaning the house (apparently I don't do a good enough job while she's in school :), and as of right now, talking on the phone to Cousin Jeffrey Johnson. About law. Because that's what he is going to school for. Crazy guy.
What else- oh yes, my eldest sister Rachel was here for 6 days. So that was grand! Our first visitor from back home. This meant that we had to buy something for her to sleep on while she was here (although she did offer to sleep on the couch.) But we would never do that to our family members: so we went to a small store called Dream On Futons. You guessed it, we bought a futon. What a fun word hey? Fuuuuton. Fuuuuuuuuuton. Futawwwwwwwwwwn. Futonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Anyhoo.
So what did we do? Lots of stuff. First we opened presents that she had brought along from our family! YAY (Thanks Mom & Dad, Caralee & David, Becca & Ken!!!)
Then lots of random Winnipeg things: lots of walking, eating, going for coffee, etc. Twas good!
Here's some pics of Rachel's time here: we got to go out a bit and see a few things we hadn't even seen yet!
Rachel arriving at the airport! (Bringing cookies from Mom!)
Saturday Rachel and I went to Bird's Hill Park for a walk- it was beautiful and warm! Just have to get a new sense of appreciation for the shorter and different trees.... :) 
Jenn and Rachel went for a walkabout of the downtown area just to explore (and of course shop a little bit!)
Oh and Jenn's Oma was here with Aunt Marlene, so we had them over for dinner on Saturday; lots and lots of ribs!
That's it for now!
5 comments:
Hey, I didn't know Oma was in town, cool. And plan for me to visit too! End of August, don't forget!!!! So glad that you're able to put your feet up a bit Jenn. We're having a good first week here in Ontario, those of us that are here. Tonight we dressed up in '80's gear and did a Richard Simmons workout video. hilarious.
Thanks for the update...I had no idea what was going on with you. ;) All the best to you Jenn as you start up the craze again.
Oops! I hit something wrong by mistake with my comment. Meant to say who it was from... sorry
Wow! Free time! It's great isn't it!! I am trying to enjoy mine right now too but it is so foreign to me that it is hard to know what to do!!! :)Hope you are enjoying yours!
Hi Jenn and Dan,
Glad to hear that you guys are doing well. I wrote you and e-mail back in January...but I'm not sure if you got it or not?? Anyhow...a few things have changed since then. I am working at our church...as the office administrator (fancy name for secretary). It is going well, but it is not full time. I would like some more hours...so I am sort of looking for another job on the side. Dave just lost his framing job, so we are on the job hunt for him. It is a bit stressful, but we are hanging in there. Other than that, not much is new. We are still enjoying our new little place (new since Sept.). I have figured out a few more storage options, and gotten rid of a whole bunch of our stuff, so we are fitting in here a bit better now.
Anyhow, we miss you guys. Conrats on finishing the school year Jenn. What are your plans for the summer?
Well, take care guys. Talk to you later.
Love, Annie (and Dave)
Post a Comment