
Out for a short walk in -15? weather.
So last weekend I surprised Jenn with a trip to Calgary, which was a blast. It was pretty much a last minute kind of thing, but I managed to get her shift covered, and book my time off of work, so everything went well. I even managed to pack all of her stuff for the weekend without her knowing! She had no idea until we were at the airport, at which point she got so excited that it was all worth it, and we hadn't even left yet. I had been pretty sure that she would be happy with the trip, but there was this lingering 'what if she doesn't?' in my mind, so when she became ecstatic, it totally made my day!
I thought of the trip because her parents were heading out for an early Christmas gathering with her dad's side, so I thought it would be fun to join them. We basically just hung out with her dad's family and ate too much food. It was neat to meet some of her uncles and families who I hadn't met yet. Her dad's family is all crazy smart... at least 3 of them are in the oil industry, some of them are engineers, one of them is an airplane mechanic. I just really enjoy listening to them all talk about all of this technical stuff that I don't really grasp. I know, I'm weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment