So....
Just thought I'd share with you some of the enjoyable things we've gotten to do this summer so far. I put together a quick montage of the photos of the events, plus a couple videos...
The events are:
Paddle Camp 09 - where I achieved my Paddle Canada Instructor certification!
First event with the climbing wall
Camping - Black Lake with our good friends Karl/Raena
Paddling with Mohan's family on the La Salle river
Paddling the Brokenhead River with Dusty
Paddling the Whitemouth River with Mark & family...
Enjoy!
These next 2 videos are a result of my suggestion... the rapids were a little lacking due to high water, so I suggested Mark & Dawson (his son) do some seal launches into the river to up the excitement level.... perfect conditions for it - but they would have liked banks twice as high.
So that's the summer so far - I had also taught my first Paddle Canada Flatwater Canoe course last week, which was a fantastic experience - I really enjoyed it. Coming up, my parents come in this weekend, we have a trip planned for down to Minneapolis next week, the following weekend we go camping with other friends, and the August long weekend I've got a guy's weekend happening - either canoeing in Ontario, or the Manigotogan River. Throw in a few evening paddles, some mountain biking and some climbing, it's going to be a great rest of the summer! We may be leaving Manitoba but we're soaking up every moment we can before we go! I am going to miss it terribly...
2 comments:
Looks like some fun times. You know there will be lots more in the mountains... :)
Wow,
You've done so much and it all looks like so much fun! Good for you! And you are an instructor now to eh? Awesome. Can't wait to hear about all these stories in person.
Starting to get this place ready for you guys....
Post a Comment