Feb 22, 2007

Jenn has a moment....

HI! Wow. Our second post in TWO days! Something must be in the wind! What's even more amazing is that this is Jennifer speaking and for me to be doing this right now must mean that I am either:
a) procrastinating
b) "studying"
c) really have nothing pressing to do
d) all of the above

Well, I am happy to inform you all that the correct answer at this very moment is C!!! Yup. Just on Monday I came off from my 10 days of "reading" break, and have had several assignments due since then. Today I had a history exam (yes to all of you who are either mortified or shocked and falling off your rocker, Jenn is actaully taking a MANDATORY history class. BUT unlike her harsh words towards the subject, in regards to landscape architecture, she is quite enjoying the subject matter. Alas, with only 15ish hours of sleep in the past 3 days I think tonight my body and mind will be consumed in cosmic slumber.

Now, I'd like to share with all of you some of the projects I've been working on. Some of this is still from last term, but I see that you've only had a glimpse of my first studio project (which I didn't do so hot on.....) and I believe I've come a long way since those awful nights of Casa Bianca.


Take a look.....



Top: last semester. Communications class. Watercolor is from sketchcamp in Sept. The rest are guerrilla drawings (very fast and little time). Bottom: First studio project this term. Bottom picture is someone's representation of a chadir (in Islamic gardens) and my form created ripples.



Second project of studio last term. The Annex. Photos taken around campus. Bottom: Charcoal drawings.



Also the Annex. Top: Sketch models to show repitition, tension, harmony. Bottom: My final model made mostly out of modelling clay.




Last studio project last term. BIGBOX. We were to design the landscape for an actual developer (that we presented to) that was putting in a Manitoba Liquor Store and other commerical units. I tried to work mainly with oil pastel but after a while (ie. after the bottom right rendering took 5 hours) gave in and included chalk pastel as well.

Site grading last term.

Well I hope you enjoyed this small journey into my education. I'll say good-bye for now, and hopefully I'll be able to talk again soon.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

I just don't even know what to say! I have been checking your blog weekly for months with no update!! Then you finally update and do 2 posts in 2 days! CRAZINESS!! I am in SHOCK!! :) Beautiful work by the way. Oh, yah! Heidi and I were talking on the phone the other day and we decided you have to come camping with us again! :) Just so you know.

Heather said...

Finally an update...actually I was told by Jess that you had updated so I've gone to look! Great work, Jenn....you have really improved since your first drawings...not that I'm an expert ...but you'll always get an 'A' from us!! We'll talk soon....miss you both. Love , Mom and Dad

sherri said...

Good job Jenn, looks like your hard work is paying off. -lets have coffee soon, apparently I have to give you socks.

Ben or Marlene Wall said...

Well,well..."something must be in the wind" is what Jenn said; that wasn't supposed to read 'something must be in the womb' by any chance. I know i'm reading too much into it but i couldn't resist.
Keep us posted...I know it may be sometime down the road but where there's hope, there is life.
Enjoyed both of your entries; post a few pictures from the Whiteshell excursion.
Love, Dad