Recently Jenn and I tried a new sport- cross country skiing! Her parents gave (or lent? I'm not really sure) us their skis, so we tried it out up at Manning. Pretty frustrating at first- my skis weren't waxed quite properly (or that's my excuse) , but eventually I got the hang of it. Beautiful weather made it a great day. Too bad we won't be able to go again this year- but looking forward to next year!

Jenn skiing across Lone Duck Bay

Me looking just stunning...
Also just ran in my first road race yesterday with Becca and Ken, the Spring Ahead run in Mission. Becca and I ran the 5k, Ken ran the 10k. Ken, being the running nerd that he is, came in 2nd. I came in 105th and still got 1st place for my age category. (I won't mention there were only 2 people in my age group...) It was a lot of fun, and I think I'm looking forward to the next one...
No comments:
Post a Comment