Hey all,
Just thought we'd share some of our latest ventures & happenings with you all. I guess the first thing and most exciting, is that we now have a niece! Brielle Alexandra Voth was born to my sister Caralee and her husband David on July 3rd; so super exciting! We are heading out to BC on our 'baby trip' in less than a week, primarily to visit them and see her, and Jenn's cousins Rachel & Jeff and their new daughter Linnea (born in April) in Edmonton on our way back.
Caralee, David & Brielle
I'm thinking this is some quality burping time with mom
Proud new grandparents in the hospital - finally got what they wanted, although the pressure's not easing up. Now the thought is that they want somebody for her to play with when she's at Oma & Opa's place. :)
Brielle. I think she looks like an elf here. A very cute elf. Or maybe a smurf. David and Caralee- maybe you should paint her blue for a day just to see if that works or not.
So that's the biggest news... Other than looking forward to seeing her and Linnea, we have also been out camping a couple of weekends.
First, on the July 5/6/7 weekend we went to Rushing River Provincial Park on the east side of Lake of the Woods in Ontario - about a 3 hour drive from here. It was a beautiful area, although a bit overcrowded for our liking. We went with our good friends Corey & Melissa (pronounced Meleesa- interesting hey?) and had a blast, even though it was rainy & windy the first couple of days.
Then last weekend Jenn and I went by ourselves to Black Lake, in Nopiming Provincial Park - another 3 hour drive - this time north-west of here. It was an absolutely gorgeous area - we did a bunch of canoeing, and kibbutzed (isn't that a great word? Kibbutz. I learned it from my friend Mark. Also 'schtooz'. As in 'that Mark, man he loves schtoozin' around in his kayaks'... pretty neat hey?) around the lake, and just enjoyed being there together with the mosquitoes. ;) Oh yes and got a parking ticket for parking without a park pass, which we had paid for but didn't receive, and felt very frustrated about but couldn't do anything about.
Us at the outlet of Black Lake into Black River. Pretty little set of rapids. And a pretty little wife. :)
Pretty little wife in the reeds.
Also, we boiled our water, since that's what the sign at the pump said to do. But then, since there was a lot of sediment left in the water, we filtered it thru some paper towel. Very handy stuff paper towel is. :)
Me schtoozing along on part of the Rabbit River. If I don't tell you, Jenn will edit this and tell you that it was me who asked for her to take pictures of me & video me paddling solo, so there you go. Now you know how vain I am. :) I won't discuss Jenn's vanity with you, I'll let her do that next time she posts.
And that kind of sums up the highlights of our summer so far. It's been fun!
2 comments:
Great update you two!! I like that word 'schtoozing' ...gotta keep that one in mind! Must be a MB thing!! Couldn't quite find you when that last video started but then you cam schtoozing closer!! Look forward to seeing Jenn's 'vain' video!! Brielle is a little cutie!!! Look forward to seeing you guys in a week. Love lots, Mom and Dad
Okay, it's great to see someone else agrees with my smurf idea. That was my first thought when I saw that particular picture of Brielle.
Thanks for the update...sounds like you're having a full and interesting summer. Looking forward to seeing you guys really soon!
Rachel
Post a Comment