Just thought I'd share with you all the joy of the sandwich that I'm currently eating as I peruse random things online. Sometimes, a good sandwich is the best thing possible, especially for a late saturday lunch!
It starts with a nice multigrain bread toasted twice for extra crunchiness.
Then a thin layer of mayo - not too much, not too little.
Next comes a layer of aged cheddar cheese - put on quickly after the bread is toasted - so that it melts just a tiny bit.
Following that; enough sausage to cover the whole sandwich. (Any good sausage will do...)
Then; another layer of cheese, followed by a layer of really thinly sliced pickles, then tomatoes. A generous sprinkling of alfalfa sprouts, salt & pepper, top it with the next piece of bread, and voila!
And now you're probably thinking I must be extremely bored. Nope, just really enjoying my sandwich! (I'd post a picture, but i don't think you want to see the remaining quarter of the sandwich...)
Mar 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Even though I had a nice breakfast, my mouth is watering just thinking about what your sandwich looks like. Hope you really enjoyed it, but next time you need to attach a photo. :)
Ciao!
that must be Dan who wrote that, and I would agree, it sounds like an excellent sandwich EXCEPT you said extra toasted, which is disgusted. i only eat LIGHTLY toasted things (extremely lightly toasted), and I recommend bagels over bread. you have much to learn little Dan, much.
Bagels? BAGELS? For a sandwich? Bagels are heavy, much too heavy, and overpower everything else in the sandwich. The beauty of toast is that it lightly conveys the important items to your mouth, while adding a wonderful crunch to the experience. And when I say 'extra toasted' I don't mean black; just a little beyond light brown.
Post a Comment